Monday 18 February 2013

Krispy Kreme

Now I know I have died and gone to heaven. Krispy Kreme doughnuts have arrived in Scotland and taken up root here in Edinburgh. With traffic chaos and over four hundred customers served in the first hour alone, doughnut mania hit the capital city like a whirlwind, arousing the curiosity of the local population much as an alien landing or the appearance of the Loch Ness monster. The doughnut theatre allows you to witness at first hand the birth of these mouthwatering munchies, the fifteen flavours include original glazed, strawberries and kreme, and chocolate iced with sprinkles.
So, is this sugary fix, this sweet-toothed temptation,
healthy? Almost certainly not. Could they be
classed as a diet danger? Almost definitely. And
can the apple cinnamon be classed as one of my
five a day? Somehow I doubt it. But I have a
feeling Krispy Kreme doughnuts are here to stay.
They do say that a little of what you fancy does
you good. How often you have that "little" I guess is up to you. But I love them. Maybe they
have a hole in the middle cos they slip around your waist without you noticing .... who knows!
But it is something worth contemplating as you sit and enjoy with a hot cuppa and a group of friends. 

1 comment:

  1. I think we should have one of these places on every street corner!!! mmmmmmmmmmmm yummy!

    ReplyDelete